Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Evaluation

poem...

Everyone Is Trying To Kill Me
(and I'm not just making that up.)

Everyone is trying to kill me.
And I'm not just making that up.
It is the

God is Honest

truth.

They disguise themselves as these
things called "friends"
and then convince you that
they're yoUR best.
(well, if you're my best, go ahead and pull that trigger cause I don't wanna live to know an enemy.)
But, these are things you've never had before
so you figure they can't be worse than many.

But you've underestimated their artillery.

Ever since a friend kissed his brother on the cheek
(usually, in their day, a simple hello)
the most famous and horrible goodbye in our history
would be served...
and the weapons grew one by one.

These weapons are many but very much the same.
You'll never see them coming because they start
with knowing the person's name.
Memories are the biggest gun that this army packs,
they'll bring them out in the biggest battles
and use them to organize secret attacks.

They make the past an enemy camp,
(once you get there you're surrounded)
and they make the future one big mine field.
(always "Watch your step.")

Casualties number greatest there.
There,
where you know you've already stood.

....................

ATTENTION!
I AM MAKING A NEW BLOG AND FILLING IT WITH ALL OF MY FAITH OBSERVATIONS THAT I HAVE BEEN WRITING DURING MY QUIET TIMES AND HOPING TO UPDATE IT EVERYDAY. FOR THE TIME BEING THAT SITE WILL BE MY XANGA SITE THAT I HAVE LINKED ON HERE...

www.xanga.com/waynegrayson

Good Providence







2 comments:

matthew said...

nice poem. really. so true.

Brianna said...

Nice Judas reference. I can't help but realize how this applies in so many fields right now. I've never known anyone who can so easily manipulate words the way you have and even in bending them to your will, carve the most beautiful creations. You're the most beautiful sunset God has ever made. I love you.