Sunday, February 19, 2006

Asprin for a Younger Generation

Long time no see huh?

My bad.



Asprin for a Younger Generation

1989.
The Rubix rage is all but over.
And I,
a child
hadn’t a clue.
Fumbling around with my
Rainbow box
(promises are a large part of an infant life)
having no idea of its purpose,
it seemed to me that my
cube was perfect
as it was
in its unsolved state.
Not perfectly square,
with its rounded plastic corners
from constant
falling
from my immature grip
on the situation,
each side of my
puzzle
had lost some of
its meaning with
each scratch infested
colored square.
Twisting and turning,
my small hands,
convinced they were
mastering the cube’s
weakened joints,
only to find another
thousand turns necessary;
my fingers would run
along the ever-shifting
dusty canyons
that gave the box its face.
Faces.
Red and Yellow,
Blue and White,
Trials of all colors,
Colors my flesh would
come to know as “friends.”
Colors rubbed faded
by greasy little hands
which had been
God

Knows

Where.




Good Providence

1 comment:

Brianna said...

wow...