Saturday, March 26, 2005

Beach Poetry

Hi again! Just got back from Destin, FL and Panama City Beach, FL for Spring Break '05! I had an absolutely awesome time and met tons of awesome people. But, here's the result of it all:

As this drag kills my last cigarette-
another inch of my life goes with it.
(Where's the measuring tape?...
I thought you had it....Liar.)
The night has put on her prettiest dress

(her favorite shade of red)

She asks me to dance.
But I'm all about the looks she's getting...
gets...
harder to feel anything but like a miscued curtain call.
(WRONG PLACE. WRONG TIME)

Meanwhile...she..
throws the moon around my shoulders-
Yet I shrug it off with my own brand of style.
(I'd love to call it GRACE... but i'd probably mispell it.)

And would you look at the way she smiles when she's with me?!!

(someone take a picture...I wanna have it when she's gone.)
I feel like the last word in a long goodbye...
waiting for the period I...

Love
Loved...haha.
Lied.

When I turn this last page- keep your jaws off the floor...
Cause I've had it coming for a while.
Don't hate the sunset...

I've had this coming for a while.

Sounds like fun huh?

Good Providence




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant. but, ahhhh, my calvinist friend,is anything really ever "the wrong place. the wrong time."
just a question for thought. you are right though sunsets,awesome as they maybe ,don't last. They aren't (weren't) supposed (ordained) to.

Anonymous said...

okay anonymous... the wrong place wrong time line was intended..haha. believe it or not I thought about what you said as i was writing it. the thing is you have to see that i "felt" at the wrong place at the wrong time. another case of the misleading heart...the emphasis behind the poem.

Anonymous said...

wow wayne! you're awesome at writing poetry. i wish i was. i like to read it though...just not by the ppl. ms. george wants me to. lol ok well i have to go now. ttyl. love ya! love always, ~Emily~