Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Another Notebook Scribbling

Hey everyone. Apologies for the absence.

I wrote this in October of last year.

Some will guess what and who it's about.

Others will apply it to themselves and make it their own.



Three Weeks



Hints of Light?
I swear it's okay to open your eyes.

Sound familiar?

I know, I know...

Grow up.
It's all a part of growing up.

Learning to lose entails
losing to learn
and,
I've learned so much.

I'M THIS CLOSE TO SHOWING ALL OF YOU JUST WHAT I'M MADE OF

(try me).......
....
(please don't)

Can't we just be normal for ten minutes?
(Why not?)
I mean it's not like you're gonna die.
(Right?)
Why can't we just stand still?
(Right here.)

I can't wait 'til I'm outta sight.



Feet tired?
Lungs black with smoke
from my fire.
How could I blow it?
(out)

Seven years?
Wars have been shorter.
(You're NOT the crazy one.)

But logic in the barrel of a gun?
(New one on me...you too.)

Sweat on the trigger.
Temple on cue.
Audience in front.
Ashamed. Confused?

SO DO IT...
(What?)

Couldn't.

Could you?

Pull it through you.

Plaster rain.

I swear it's okay to open your eyes.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, first to respond. Can't say I like it much but you probably could have guessed that. I'm up in Tusscaloosa right now, orientationing it. I miss you a great deal and I hope you realize just how much. I'll talk to you later tonight I guess.

Mwah.

Me.

matthew said...

wow. emotions rumble. past arises.