Saturday, July 16, 2005

Psalm Too

Hey everybody.

I was about to go to sleep last night when I found this near the head of my bed.

It's another Psalm I had written and had somehow found its away near where I sleep every night...very comforting to know...




Inspire me white paper.
Let my words fall like snow
meddled with soot...
A stain on your earlier innocence.

Wish I had a dime
for all the times I've heard
"Okay"
But could sense the misunderstanding
flowing through.
I might be rich enough to buy
a new smile.
One that won't fade.
(can't buy me love)

Breakthrough's gotten boring lately.
(It kills me to say that.)
Truth betold,
the sun does rise again.
I will smile again.

But the thought of being hurt again?

Am I crazy to pray for a balance?
Or is this as level as I get?

Both hands filled with reason.
(Hope in the right. Doubt in the left.)
My heart overpouring with irrationality.
Hands do all the work.
Heart mocks their effort.

O THIS GAME! THIS GAME WE PLAY!!

So pleasing to the eye.
Confusing to the heart.

Like you.

I remember you like my favorite song.
And the saddest story I've ever heard.

(I'm not done with the book.
Be kind last chapter.)

Remember your tower princess?
My only hope was to make you forget.
I wonder if you ever saw the ground.
(I hit it.)
Epitomy's a strong word.
But this situation is just too much.
And I see stints of growth.
But there's parts of me that
even I can't touch.

(Switch of focus. Nothing new.)

So this is where I turn to You.
My only strength. Knowlegdge of peace.
Reach deep down inside this pit
Give me somethig I can use.

'Cause everything I gave myself
We know I coulda done without.

O Love so unknown! Grace a mystery!

Tell me why I see the day!
Explain why it is I breathe!

Could the color of my eyes
Be modeled after yours?
And the way that I will love my bride
Come close to the gift you've given yours?
Can the hand that holds this very pen
Resemble the One that formed the pearl?
Can the heart that beats inside this chest
Be filled with hope not known by this world?

And Stars!
Burning Stars!
Those that hint at majesty.
How many times will I look up
and fail to ever see,
Your numbers far beyond my count
or comprehension there of
Your purpose other than the idea
of a visual song of love.
(I feel You)

Love. Yes.
Let me know this again.
Couple it with hope and a foundation built on You.
Mature and understanding let me be
affected through and through.

Fix my eyes on the joy before me.
Blind all other sides.
Convince these legs to run again.
With You do I confide.


Good Providence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really wish I could write something like this instead of getting caught up in all the woe is me stuff. I hope you liked Hide and Seek, I hated it but you made it a lot better. Goodnight quarter moon.

matthew said...

awesome.