Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A Black Eye and A Huge Smile to Match

Does God's grace and infinate love ever just come out of nowhere and punch you right in the face?

Happens to me all the time.
(and not enough)

Driving around on the golf course at like 5:30 this morning, the sky was this beautiful shade of red and the sun was just beginning to show signs of the new day...and I was tearing up as grace ripped through my heart.

For some reason this morning at work I decided to listen to all of my worship albums I have on my mp3 player. Two songs really got to me: The Church by Derek Webb and Since I Am So Sick by 100 Portraits and Waterdeep.

You see, the guys that I'm working with aren't at all concerned with God or anything pertaining to Him. For instance I chose not to work on Sunday because it's the Sabbath and when I got to work on Monday one of the guys was like "Nice lie to get out of work yesterday. You know you weren't at church." Funny thing is I couldn't convince him that I was...

So I have a very hard time at work being the Christian that I am. I'm starting to reminesce about being at Dale County High and how much I hated the fact that I couldn't be comfortable with my faith and how much Providence and the whole private Christian school thing has kind of hurt me and made me soft in dealing with staying fast with my faith no matter what I am surrounded by.

Anyway, those songs really touched me this morning.

The Lord is good and He always comes through when you're least expecting the whirlwind that is His love.

Here's the lyrics to Since I Am So Sick...


Since I am so sick
Since I am in need
Since I have no healing within me

Oh, my God, be mindful of me
You are my help and my Redeemer
Oh, my God, be mindful of me
You are my help and my Redeemer

Unto You, oh Lord
I lift up my soul
In Your loving-kindness I believe

Surely those who wait on You
Will never be ashamed
All of those who call on You
Will know the faithfulness of Your name

Beautiful song.

The "wait on you part" is key. Because it is our faith and our patience with our belief and the way God moves that directly affects whether or not we are going to be strong and let nothing compromise our faith or whether we are going to cower and let people tell us we are lame and uncool...which the same guy who said that stuff before has basicly told me..."Man you're too up tight." So... I will wait...and not be ashamed of the God who not only continues to fill my lungs with air but also the guy who rides in the cart with me who is defaming His name. See?

None of us deserve it.

But He's just cool like that.

Good Providence

P.S. Say the Lord's Prayer today. It's beautiful.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wayne!
I know what you are talking about, also. I am in Germany, right now, visiting family, we went to the Alps and hiked the mountains, and when I got to the top, I looked back, and WOW! It just took my breath away, to see the sun setting on the mountains, beautiful. No, that just does not say enough about it. It was AWESOME!! God really does love us, and it is wonderful to experience it through His creation. I hope you will have a better time at work, just think of it as God using you there to draw more people to Him.
But, don't worry about it, you will always have us to fall back on.