Friday, June 24, 2005

This is What Happens When I Get Near Water

Hey everyone....

Got in a weird mood at the lake.

Surroundings inspire....




It's All Just a Joke... and a Sick One At That




There's a face in the moon tonight

and...

I can't tell.

I can't tell if
he's crying or smiling,
confident or afraid,
(surrounded) or

alone.

And well,
I'm starting to think
that there's not a
telescope in business that could
help me
get a better look.

'Cause it's all too close anyway...

and I haven't had a focus for a while now.

So in response to all the
blurry
lines
constructing my stupid life,
I'm beginning to question...

whether or not there's any use in looking up.

My neck is killing me
and I'm just
dying
to find some unsuspecting
sucker
to pen
all this
(pent up)
pain to.

And when it goes down
(and it will)
I'm sorry,
but I can't promise that
I'll remember that
one bullet
should do the trick...

Everyone
would be better off if...
(only)

they just left this mess alone.

(alot of good ideas can still mean the
bloody end of the best intentions
you could've hoped for.)

...I know...
(no)

you want to make this better.

But you know...
maybe I get a kick out of making it worse.

The shovel dulled a while ago.
But I keep convincing myself
that the
(w)hole
isn't big enough.

(you see)
I've got big plans
and even bigger expectations
for a suffocation
..........beneath.............
........the surface..........

of all that I'm afraid of.

This is one party you definately wanna
consider (me)
tossing the invite to.

(the r.s.v.p. is a waste of pretty paper....)

and I'm the one you should hate for that.

(PLACE SUCKY ENDING HERE...)

I'm the one to hate.

You see, wierd mood....

Anyway, hollaback...

.......

You too Gwen Steffani.

Even if you aren't.

Good Providence

3 comments:

Wayne Grayson said...

Oh yeah, just so you know...
the 'e' in "pen all this (pent)..."
is intentional...

I feel weird that I was the first to comment on my own post.

matthew said...

HAHA! You did it too!

Thank you Wayne! You make me feel less pathetic. Interesting poem--kinda depressing but cool. I'll probably comment more deeply on it later.

"May the Pg's befriend you."

Brianna said...

As always, impressive. Only now I feel the need to comfort you even more. You know I'll stay. Don't ask.