Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's Not That He's Too Good For You, It's Just That He's In College Now

Hey everyone.

Long time no read huh?

Anyway here's something you haven't seen before.

I hope.

Now That I've Ripped Out The First Page of a Clean Slate...

So I'm down again.
Back to this.
(and I fear you're all I have left)

TRUSTY BATTLE

My ball-pointed dagger in hand,
I'm a hip assassin with my paper cloak.
I swear to God I'll blend in with the cliche,
Then I'll hack out the tongues of I what I fear
While you look the other way,
Eye for an eye, truth for a truth.

(I thought you knew what I meant when I said...)

The virus is loneliness.
This page is the medicine.
And I'm doing nasty little numbers on isolation.

I'll stop my own heart before an empty room bleeds me out.

But candor aint coming as cheap as it used to.
And they sure don't make hearts out of the stuff that they used to.
(Was it one part bubble gum or two?...)

So it's safe to say that you're looking at this towns new Pharisee.

Aint I the law
with my robes purple and gold?
Praying to God
Digging my hole.

The shock when they'll see what's up under my mask
is as sharp as my knife.

AND I PLANNED IT LIKE THAT...

And while my blade feels fearful throats tremble and shake,
the vibration meets its twin.

My dead grip fueled by frightened eyes,
anchored by cold feet...

The lever balances.

Good Providence

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wayne
Cool stuff guy. I like. My stuff pales in comparison to yours. Can't wait to read the rest. Good luck in college!

Wayne Grayson said...

waking ashland is still a major GO...nothing can stop me now.

Brianna said...

And home, home's good too.

Anonymous said...

hey whats going on? haha there is a pic of you me and kaitie in mr wilson's room...it made me think of my fidler fam! lol! hope college is going well!
Luv ya,
Luv

matthew said...

I'll see you Saturday. Gonna be a good show.

What's really weird is that I heard them on, get this- 94.3

Yes, thats right! They played good music! Not that its all bad, but... yeah, you know.

Anonymous said...

Pretty good.

Brianna said...

Like pretty freaking good...

Anonymous said...

that's what I meant