Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Lifehouse is Still My Favorite Band

Hey Everyone.

I don't know if many of you know it with all my talk of emo and punk rock that I spit at every given chance but....

I'm a huge Lifehouse fan.....

Like really huge.

Anyway, I had been keeping up with them during this last hiatus when possibly the coolest bass player in the world Sergio quit the band last year.

Devastation.

Anyway, I kinda stopped doing the updates on the band after that cause I figured it wouldn't be the same without him.

I was mistaken.

After hearing the single off the new album (which is aptly named "Lifehouse") called You and Me I knew that I had to have the freshness that was the new album.

Went to Wal*mart....almost bought the new Fall Out Boy (they're insane) disc....ended up with the goodness that is this new disc. Very happy with my decision.

After the mediocrity of the last album "Stanley Climbfall", Jason Wade has come back to the studio with a new intensity and a new fire in his voice. Though this album is more centered on love's lost and the hope that is falling from the yop of everything that you thought was so sturdy and so eternal, it is very inspiring and very hopeful in its hopelessness. The last two albums were very much Worship albums in that the lyrics were love songs to God and this is not opinion. I heard him say it on Jay Leno...that's why I respect him so much.

Wade's lyrical endeavors on this album are very fruitful and deal with some obvious hurt he's been carrying around since his dad left at 12. (At 15 he learned guitar and began to write...thus most of the music from the last album...) So I decided to showcase some of his work here:

"Blind"

I was young
but I wasn't naive
I watched helpless
as he turned around to leave
And still I have the pain I have to carry
A past so deep
that even you could not bury it

if you tried

After all this time
I never thought we'd be here
Never thought we'd be here

When my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it
Couldn't make you see it

That I loved you more than you'll ever know

A part of me died when I let you go

I would fall asleep
Only in hopes of dreaming
That everything would be like it was before
But nights like this it seems are slowly fleeting
They disappear as reality is crashing to the floor

After all this time
I never thought we'd be here
Never thought we'd be here

When my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it
Couldn't make you see it
That I loved you more than you'll ever know

A part of me died when I let you go

After all this time
Would you ever wanna leave it
Maybe you could not believe it

That my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it
Couldn't make you see it
That I loved you more than you will ever know

A part of me died when I let you go

And I loved you more than you'll ever know

A part of me dies when I let you go

This is a very easy song to relate to and is probably getting most of my listens on my zen micro next to You and Me...it's so catchy....and now I have a You...Hi...

Anywho...

I would highly reccomend the new Lifehouse record if youre looking for a good change to all the static out there right now.

Oh yeah....Star Wars.

I loved the fight scenes.
I loved the armoring of Darth Vader.
I loved the foreshadowing leading up to Anakin's fall.
I loved Yoda.

I hate and hated Hayden Christiansen's horrible and scene ruining acting.
I hated Natalie Portman's sub-par performance....she was awesome in Garden State.
I hated the screenwriting... "My wife and I have always wanted to adopt a baby girl."
Samuel L. Jackson sucked as Mace....shoulda been Denzel.
Why did the midwife have to be a Robot?

Overall...Probably the 3rd best in the serious though in my opinion...here's my ranking.

1.Return of the Jedi
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. A New Hope
5.The Phantom Menace
6.Attack of the Clones

It was really hard to put the new one at number three....but Yoda rocked so hard....so very hard.

I almost cried when he and Sidious were fighting.

I give it a B-.

Okay...sleepy.

Good Providence

P.S. I'll see you all at the THURSDAY yearbook signing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i thought you were coming to sign on friday taht is the yearbook signing day! lol you need to learn how to follow directions!

matthew said...

Who actually listens to Monday memos???

Jesi said...

I've loved Lifehouse since they first came out. Their first CD was wonderful, but I have yet to check out the other two.