Sunday, May 29, 2005

It's Not R.E.M. but...This One Goes Out to the One I Love

Hey everyone.

Promised a poem for a while now.

Now you get one.

Enjoy....


"Transition...After Prom Night"

Sitting here...
Speechless...

Here.

As eloquence leaves me in the dust.

Full of fear.
Shaking here.

As you send chills throughout my broken frame.

(My heart catches fire while my eyes catch a glimpse of your beauty...
Welding my heart back to its strength...)



Holding you.
(Remember to...)

Follow through.

Your ears and heart lie fragile in my clumsy hands.

(Butterfingers...)



Trusting you.
(Constructing the spine to...)

Promise you.
(everything)

...and hearing all I need in your playful voice.

(We're building trust atop the graves of the best promises we knew...
burrying our second thoughts...)

....

Refusing to.
(I couldn't bear the thought of...)

Looking back on you-

As something else I lost to all my fears.

Leaning in.
(Here we go...
do you...)

Remember when?

Your lips find mine as we realize what we've done.

(As painful memory pleads his case...
We pull the trigger and find saftey in a warrant...
Good thing we got a head start.)



My closed eyes...
(trying to...)

Fill my mind...

With all of your smiles that have been becuase of me.

One more try...
(I swear I'll give this...)

Allof my...

Breath to make sure that this is one is our last.

(As the past brings it's dulling knife across my tightened throat and dares me to

"make a move"...

your silhouette breaks his weakend knees...

and my future falls in front of you.)



It's with this pen that I have found a purpose to continue breathing.
It's with this pen that I have tried to seep another's bleeding.
And with this pen I find that my safety resides in you.

But I'd drop this pen in the next instant...

If holding it...

meant losing you.

I PROMISE I WON'T MOVE.



There it is everyone. Sorry for the delay...

My muse has gotten me into the middle of three pieces of work that I've been writing on and I finished this one first...

Wow. That felt good to give another poem out. I appreciate you guys' reading this stuff.

Anyway, It's like 3 am and I have church in like 6 hours.

Good Providence.

5 comments:

Brianna said...

You have shining eyes....yes, like the forest lights. You make me feel so pretty. To my truth....beauty.

:)

Me

matthew said...

Bravo!
Wonderful.
Loved it.
I need to post.
a poem.
Maybe soon.
Peace in.

Anonymous said...

Hey wayne!! Just wanted to say hey and what up??!! Like i've said before " all your poetry is....long!" Just playin'!! Your poetry is all great!!( well most of it is)!! Later!!

Anonymous said...

Νice blog! Iѕ youг theme сustom mаde ог
dіd you downloaԁ іt from somеwhere?
A dеsign like yοurs with a feω simplе
aԁjustеments would really mаke my blog jump
out. Pleasе lеt me knoω ωheгe yοu got your design.

Thanks a lot

Visit mу homepagе reputation management

Anonymous said...

If ѕome onе desires expert vіew about blogging and site-buildіng afterwarԁ і proposе hіm/hеr to go to
see thіs blog, Keep up the good job.

Нerе is my page :: PrivateBlogNetwork.info