Thursday, April 14, 2005

Emo/Prommy Stuff!

Hey everyone! Thought I'd give everyone a break from the poems and just say hi to everyone and fill you all in on what's going on in my life.

First, the week started off really bad mainly due to the fact that the cast and crew of Fiddler and I had to take the set down and realize that we were never doing the play again. Fun times. Then later that week I found out that one of my good friends was not going to be allowed to graduate at Providence with the rest of us due to a discrepency over his grades last year. Really long story that doesn't add up very well, but he's having to leave the school so he can graduate somewhere else and he doesn't get to go on our senior cruise with us. It sucks and isn't right. That's all I'll say, cause I never know who's reading this thing and my diploma is in jeopardy if I make someone mad.....Committees......

Anyway, highlights tomorrow though. I get to go eat lunch with my Fiddler fam so that will be awesome. Then later that night.....

SENIOR PROM BABY!!!!

Should be a pretty fun time. And as I'm writing this, I'm listening to Dashboard Confessional and really feeling sad about this whole growing up thing. This is cool though, I got it so our lead out tomorrow will be to The Swiss Army Romance. Should be really fitting. I think anyway. Thought I'd give you a list of some really Prommy songs:

1. Hands Down- Dashboard
2.The Swiss Army Romance- Dashboard
3.Work- Jimmy Eat World
4. Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard
5.Cavanugh Park- Something Corporate
6.Seventy times 7- Brand New
7. Cute Without the E(cut from the team)- Taking Back Sunday
8.Soco Amertto Lime- Brand New
9....slowdance on the inside- Taking Back Sunday
10.Unchained Melody- The Righteous Brothers
11. So Impossible- Dashboard
12.Say It Aint So- Weezer
13. I had the Time of My Life- hahah don't know 14.Carry This Picture- Dashboard

Okay, that's all I could think of. Please feel free to add to my list with your thoughts of more Prommy Songs!
(Apologies for the bias to Dashboard but I'm kind of in love with the band.)

Well, tomorrow, if I'm not partying my eyes out after prom...MOONWALKS!... I plan to start a series comprised of pieces of a larger poem I wrote about high school, so look for that!

Hopefully me and Nick (drummer) Robby (bass) and Joe (lead guitar) will get to practice our emo set this saturday. Should be fun. Can't wait to sing a little My Chemical Romance!

Til Tomorrow,
Stay EMO!
Good Providence

No comments: