Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Epitome of a Constant State of Confusion: Episode 2

Hey everyone! Just got back from losing a soccer game in Mobile 2-0. Oh well. The soccer trips are always fun... shout out to my boy Tanner for that. Also it's 12:41 as I write and oh yeah! I have a dissertation to give tomorrow on my Senior Thesis! FUN TIMES! Well, I guess one little blog couldn't hurt. Here's the continuation to the poem...

The Epitome of a Constant State of Confusion

Part 2

So,...
This bomb.
Ticking like my nervous drumming fingers.
I'm waiting on your next decision.
(and?)

Which wire will it be?

Red?
Black?
Blue?

(the colors of a teenage heart)

Why not all three?...
Just get it over with.

(Either way...)

We're devastated.

Is it ever worth it?
To swim against the currents.
But people will always make waves...
and oh, my dear...my darling...
So will we.

If you can taste the salt,
Kick your legs a little faster, move your arms!!!
For God's sake
(If not... who else's?)

Do...
Something.
Anything... ...Never Mind.

3 fingers in the air; the sea becomes your home.

But drowning is the least of my worries.
It's this de-clostrophobia.
(Somebody crowd around! Don't give me any air!
I wanna share this....)
If we rub shoulders...
I promise...
I won't make a big deal but...

(Just don't act like it didn't happen.)

Well, theres part 2. Once again fill up those comment spaces! Thanks for coming by today!

Good Providence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great. I can't tell you how many times I have almot givin up on "swimming against the currents"
You have truly written something that I can relate to. Now, why can't I just put it like you do?
Great job :)

Anonymous said...

did you mean legs instead of "ligs?" jw... i'm likin this poem alot...i really like how i can relate to it so well! thanks for being such a great role model for me! it's okay if you never have the time to write me back...i know how hectic my sophomore life has been and know that senior life mustbe even more of a wreck...especially at that particular school. i like the idea of wearin the bands for phillip and eric...go ya'll! if it wasn't going to be my junior yr. i def. wouldn't be goin back next yr. i almost didn't this yr. but did...obviously...lol...don't ask why i did, but....anywhoo,i'm gonna go now,but i'll ttyl. love ya!~em~