Monday, April 11, 2005

Wayne is a big fat jerk...

Hey everyone! I'm having lunch right now at school and feel like I haven't given the proper love to my fellow Fiddler-ites. These are the peeps that slowly became my family over the past three months but moreso over the past two weeks. I love each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart and thank you for every ounce of encouargement that you gave me throughout the play. Here are some particular thank you's:

This first one has no number...Mrs. Brolund...thank you for every bit of belief in me that you have had since you have known me. You make me feel so talented when I know that I am only blessed. Thanks for putting up with me and for putting me together costume wise for the past to shows and making sure my characters came to life. Without you Tevye and Proctor would not have been. I dedicate my performance in Fiddler to you Mrs. Brolund. Love ya.

1.Thanks to everyone for making me feel cool while I looked like a fool on stage during Rich Man. I could do that dance every day as long as you guys are in the wings.
2.Thanks to everyone for reminding me what real Christian community and fellowship feels like.
3.Thanks to Mr. Wilson for being the brother in Christ that I haven't had since Brad Williams left. Love ya man.
4.Thanks to Chris and Michael for being freakshly emo with me. " On the way home. This car hears my conf..."
5. Thanks to Becca for putting me in my place time and time again during the production...Meanie.
6. Thanks to Lauren H. for being fun to be around all the time and making me feel uncomfortable when you stared at me at Steak and Shake. You Rock! Your voice is fantastic!
7. Thanks to Macy for being mean with me at Ann Varnum.
8. Thanks to Deanna for making me cry during the Train Scene. You are an awesome actress!
9.Thanks to Luv and Katie for having conversation with me. You guys don't go unnoticed.
10. Thanks to Jenny for being the youngest but most mature at play practice. Seriously...
11.Thanks to Robby for being the best Motel that he could be. I loved your facial hair buddy!
12.Thanks to Alyssa for making the whole beard thing happen night after night and for the awesome hugs and back rubs before I went on!
13. Thanks to Catfish for making L'Chaim the most fun part of the play for me.
14. Thanks to Emily O. for saying "good job" every time I came off stage.
15. Thanks to Rachel C. for smiling at me.
16.Thanks to Tyler D. for having the conversations I couldn't have with the rest of the cast. Your dad's a legend bro!
17. Thanks to Hunter for just being a good guy. Seriously. You're one of the nicest people I know man.
18.Thanks to Jordan for being the freakin man. You're a machine dude. You've just got this awesome air about you man!
19.Thanks to Katie for being an awesome Golde!
20.HAHAHA. Thanks to Gabby for scaring the living crap out of me opening night! I had no idea that you were going to be dressed like that! Also, yov've got so much potential to be something really great one day! Keep acting! I don't know how to do the little fingers to the temples thing with the click sound effect in words, but you get the picture.
21. Thanks to Alex, Michael and the rest of the dead villagers in the dream scene for making it easy to look frightened. Those grimaces!
22. Thanks to Shaun for making me laugh at the cast party. "Are those medals?"
23. Thanks to Smurf for playing classical first year piano Saturday.
24.Thanks to Drew for being literally the best Russian of them all. "ZAAAAAAAAAA...va...."
25. Thanks to Mr. Buie for taking awesome pictures.
26. Thanks to Mr. Scott for making us look good in the program.
27.Thanks to Ariel for discussing Dante.
28. Thanks to Karis for making me laugh histerically during the first dress rehearsal at Troy. "Barbeque!"
29.Thanks to Danielle for keeping everything held down backstage and for hugs.
30. Thanks to Wil for making sure that awful 'hale of bay' got onstage almost every time!
31.Thanks to Richie for being Richie and for helping me with my cart! I love you Richie! " I smell peanuts..."
32.Thanks to Mason for opening the curtains and for being a prop Nazi.
33. Thanks to Morgan for feeding us lines and for your sheer willingness to help us out.
34.Thanks to Josiah for being the best Rabbi ever! "Weeeell, it's not exactly forbidden..."
35. Thanks to Brian for rocking the part of Perchik. You seriously did an awesome job. "Wayne's about to blow this out of the water....Line."
36. Thanks to Mrs. Wilson for hugging me every time she sees me. You are awesome.
37. Thanks to Karis' mom for gettting me that bottle of water.
38.Thanks to Mrs. Greiner for teaching me how to dance.
39. Thanks to Asher and Tyce for being the most professional kids I have ever seen. hahaha.
40. Thanks to Rachel Blackmon for her "super cute" hat. Tevye would not have been Tevye without it.
41. Thanks to Anna, Hannah, for being awesome canopy holders.
42. Aggghhhh. I can't believe I got this far without mention you! Allden you made me laugh so many times! You were breathtaking as Yente and no one on earth could do the part better. I mean it. Right? Of course Right.
43. Thanks to Lauren Thomas for beating that thick southern accent for Fiddler. "Shiandayell!"
44. Thanks to Jacy for having a smile on her face every time I saw her. I can't say that about too many people.
45. Thanks to Samuel M. for being down to earth. You are very intelligent and talented in art and a very calm and cool guy to talk with.
46. Thanks to Christina M. for giving herself completley to the production. Your dedication was awesome to behold.
47. Thanks to Savanna for putting make up on a bunch of psychos every day. You rock!

Okay...I don't know if that's everyone...but I tried. I LOVE YOU GUYS SOO MUCH! Thanks for everything that you have given me: Laughter, smiles when I was stressed, and most of all a huge new family of brothers and sisters that I can come home to from college. It's going to be weird not doing another show with you guys next year, but hey, life goes on. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

Economics beckons....
Good Providence

5 comments:

Jesi said...

I saw Fiddler on Thursday night. It was wonderful. I also saw the Crucible last year, and I have to say: you are probably the most powerful actor I have ever seen. Did you, by chance, go to Westgate during the summer ages and ages ago? If you did, you might remember me. Stop by my blog anytime. Congratulations on another great play.

Anonymous said...

Hey Waynster! You never cease to amaze me! I enjoyed being in Fiddler On The Roof, if for no other reason...for getting to know you a whole lot better. During the play especially, I just thought of you as my older bro. especially since I didn't get to see mine very much! You have impacted my life in more ways than you could ever imagine! I'm gonna miss you so terribly much next year...great, now i'm crying...anyway, not only will plays or PCS be the same, neither will my life! You are such a godly young man, Wayne...never lose that! I know you don't, but i dread the day of ya'll's graduation! I'm gonna ball my eyes out! Getting to know you better was prob. the best thing that came outta this play. I love you and hope and pray that God blesses you richly. Love always, ~Emily~

Anonymous said...

hello wayne. you were excellent in the Fiddler. Drew, the best of all the russians, waht the f-. anyway its gona suck taht you are leavinh next year but im sure ill see you some time. thanks for being such a great friend to me. many memories that will last a life time, unless i get alzheimers but anyway. yea but you made me laugh so much thanks a lot. and you know that your not safe from me even thought your gona live in T town casue i will just show up at ur house one day and ill be there so be ready!!!! peace out

Anonymous said...

hey wayne(tevye) thanks sooo much for makin fiddler so awesome im sad that this is the last play ill be able to do w/ u! your a great guy and so talented its been great fun gettin to know over the last couple months u crack me up soo much(escially in if i were a rich man) lol :D were all gonna miss u soo much! well luv ya and God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Wayne,
i miss the play so much. YOu were awesome as an actor and as a freind! i really enjoyed getting to know you through The Fiddler! Thnk you so much for your comment to me....it was really sweet and ment a lot to me! Every one is going to miss you so much next year! thank you for everything you have said and done throughout the past few monthes! Love always!
Luv Bartlett