Monday, April 18, 2005

Entering the Worship Circle

Hey everyone! Glad that some of you got to see the poem and are looking forward to the continuation. Hopefully it will be easy to relate to....oh yeah and thanks for the spell check to whoever that was. EPITOME....

Real quick note too... would it be a bother for you guys to leave your name with your comments. It's okay if you don't want to, but it would help me because I would really like to know who I'm communicating with. Just a thought. But thanks for weveryone who has made it a habit to come by!

Right now, I'm listening to one of the best cds I own. It's the collaborating effort fo two groups: 100 Portraits and Waterdeep. The title of the disc is Enter the Worship Circle and is a record of 14 worship songs. These are my favorite of all the worship songs I have heard, and as a worship leader, use them frequently. They are seriously some very beautiful songs. I highly reccomend the record to you all and if you have some extra cash, go to your local Christain bookstore,( here in Dothan, I believe Dove has it) and pick it up. You won't be dissappointed.

Got a cool little thought from my youth pastor tonight. He referred to most kids in our generation as a Y.U.C.K. Which is a Young Unmotivated Christian Kid. He attributed this to our view of everything having to do with religion and church as the same old thing. So what can youth pastors do to motivate these YUCKS? That was really waht his lesson was on, but it got me to thinking about how right he really is. If I were to look at most of my youth group and myself sometimes, I'd definately have to call me and them a YUCK. I think the answer to the motivation problem is COMMUNITY. Talking to one another. Laughing with one another. Crying with one another. Feasting with one another. (Even if it is pizza or chicken wings and french fries.) At the end of all of this will no doubt come, loving one another. An amazing picture of this yet again comes from my Fiddler family. We all met at our mall Friday and ate together. All forty of us and the adults who helped. It was so cool to see all ten or so tables connected all the way throughout the food court with forty kids all talking and laughing with one another. But most importantly listening to one another, which seems to me to be what everyone doesn't really get as the key to community. I think we get it becuase Fiddler was about community and love in a community of believers and that the production brought us together in our struggle to make it happen. But I think others don't get it because they have never had to deal with it face to face. I believe to solve the problem of community among our youth, we must acquaint them with communication. This is the one thing that literally breaks down all barriers and really is the veins, arteries, blood, and really the heart of the body of Christ.

Fiddler fam...you never cease to amaze and delight me. I'm sure God agrees.

Well, hope to continue the poem tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Good Providence

No comments: