Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Epitome of a Constant State of Confusion: Episode I

Hey everyone! Well, I didn't get home til 8:30 this morning from the after-prom festivities. It was a blast and I'll never forget it. (In a good way too!) For everyone who read that we got use Dashboard as lead out material, we didn't. It got cut for being in "bad taste". Though I even let another teacher listen to it and he found nothing wrong with it. Once again, the artist lies victim to the murderous interpretation of others...aghhh. So they used Kelly Clarkson instead...oh well. Anyway, prom was still a blast and my date Brianna made it even more of a blast. Brianna: If you're reading this, thanks for going with me and making this my favorite dance I have ever gone to. You rock....)
So now that you're filled in on prom...

I have been wanting to do this series for a while. I am going to be posting several pieces of this larger poem I wrote about high school over a period of time in the coming posts. There will probably be different posts in between the series so it might be an every other day thing...who knows...just keep checking for the continuation. Here's the first piece.

The Epitome of a Constant State of Confusion

Part 1

Four of the best years of your
...............Life?................. ...
Including when you felt most left out.
It's never okay
"Are you ever okay?"...
(that's funny)
...I'm thinking that it's only my head, but...
Sometimes....
I'd rather be dead.
(please)

I'M NEVER THIS SCARED!!!!!

Look... look what has happened to our "luck".

Be prepared...
Or somewhere near it.
Too much pain for no one to hear it...
I'm Losing You...
(You know?)
Keep Whispering
(I'm Begging You)
Bled dry of any emotion.
Can't you tell?
I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP!?!!!


Well...
(I don't) so leave.

Don't listen to me.
(i'm begging you)



Well, there's part 1 for you all. Comments appreciated.
Stay tuned.
Til Tomorrow,
Good Providence

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it... I like it alot!!!! lol i can't wait for the continuation of it...I can already relate to this poem. Please hurry with the rest.

Anonymous said...

It's "epitome." "Epitomy" isn't a word.

Anonymous said...

hey there! let me know bout the meetin tonight would ya please? thanks love ya buhbye...sorry so short but am workin on my paper...fun stuff! love ya and God bless!

Wayne Grayson said...

HAHAHAHAHA! thanks for the spell check! I feel so dumb. haha.

Anonymous said...

I saw it and your welcome. Thanks for making my prom night the best night of my life...and thanks for looking out for me.

Anonymous said...

ok, i was the first "anonymous" comment listed....there ya have it. however i won't go back and tell what other "anonymous" comments are mine cuz some i don't know if they made sense and would not want you or anyone to know that it was me that didn't make any sense. lol take it easy! let me know bout the game! Love in Christ,~em~

P.S. heard you were GREAT last night at the meeting! ! Go Wayne! lol =D

matthew said...

Keep up the good writing!!
Thats all for this comment b/c I'm about to ge comment on the second part of this poem.